Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I don't miss...

  • fights with my son about getting up in the morning
  • rushing him through breakfast
  • hearing the words "we're gonna be late!" for the umpteenth time
  • feeling like i don't see him all day
  • then taking 2-3 hours to do homework when it should only take 30 minutes, b/c he'd rather be playing
  • then turning around after that and having to start dinner and usher him off to bed
I was getting worried that Zubayr was going to grow up angry and maladjusted, just a wild and unsettled kid, but I think he really just hated going to school, he has his usual moments but this whole summer and now with him not going to school he is much, much better mashaallah

and I think it's funny Firefox didn't give me red squiggly lines under "umpteenth" I guess that officially makes it a word now :D

3 comments:

  1. as salaamu alaikum wa rahmatullaah, alhamdulillaah I'm happy for the positive adjustment in moving to homeschooling. May Allaah grant you and Z success in it, aameen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wa laykum salaam wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu, hey Suzanne nice to see you over in blogger land lol, ameen to your dua!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good point, though sometimes it's hard to arrive to definite conclusions

    ReplyDelete