Thursday, April 7, 2011

My First Homeschooling Aha-Moment!

I think maybe I am finally "getting" homeschooling, or at least a small piece of the puzzle. After pushing through this whole shool year I finally realized that I don't have to create a "school" at "home". We don't have to mirror public school! We don't have to do all desk work, or even stay at grade level. As long as the basics are done (and who cares how they are done) we can do whatever we want.

It is such a freeing realization, one that has me looking forward to another year inshaAllah, instead of wondering how I will get through this. On the heels of that I realized I don't need to sink a ton of money into a curriculum, or go for one that will make my son a Rogue Scholar at 8 years old (rolls eyes at myself). I found this excellent site LessonPathways.com that has 100% FREE lessons for K-5, you can use just one piece of a lesson or you can find entire years mapped out. I plan on having fun with this site!

No comments:

Post a Comment