Getting started selling on eBay isn't that hard but you need to have an idea what you want to sell. Time and again you will hear the advice to look around your house and start selling unwanted items in order to get practice and build up some feedback. I've come up with a list of items in order of importance that I find helpful while decluttering to raise some extra cash. Once you get the hang of it you can start your wheels turning to think of a business venture that you might want to launch.
My List of Items to Sell on eBay
1) Small Electronics, will get bids fast and give you the most bang for your effort, people even buy broken cell phones for parts (clear your private data first, and DON'T sell a phone that is connected to an account that your didn't pay off, the buyer will not be able to use the phone and be pretty annoyed)
2) Handbags- preference to designer names, consider grouping no names into lots
3) Shoes - seasonal is best but designer will sell year round
4) Kids Clothes - grouped into lots by season, higher end stuff can go one at a time
5) Books- list on half.com also
6) Islamic Stuff - abayas, jilbabs, hijabs and books whatever, might be better to make ebay your last stop when trying to sell islamic items, other places like egroups etc will get you more money
I find the need to do this every 3-4 months since i am always re-evaluating how much junk i really need in the house,
any tips please share!